Lenco Diagnostic Laboratories Has Launched Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Testing
Brooklyn, NY (March 20, 2020) - Lenco Diagnostic Laboratories (Lenco), one of NYC's largest independently owned full service clinical laboratories, has launched testing for coronavirus (COVID-19).
Lenco performs high-throughput, automated Real-Time RT-PCR diagnostic testing intended for the qualitative detection of COVID-19. This test is to be performed only using respiratory specimens collected from individuals who meet COVID-19 clinical and/or epidemiological criteria for testing.
Patients: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
Authorized Healthcare Providers: For COVID-19, and all other testing requests, please contact 718-232-1515 ext. 112 or email email@example.com
Please see important information below for COVID-19 testing at Lenco:
- Lenco patient service centers do not collect respiratory specimens on suspected COVID-19 cases
- Patients who have symptoms of COVID-19 should NOT come to Lenco’s Patient Service Centers for testing
- Patients should contact their healthcare provider for testing requests
- A laboratory prescription or requisition from an authorized healthcare provider is required for testing patients for COVID-19
- Specimens should only be collected by authorized healthcare providers
Important Links and Updates about COVID-19
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
New York State Department of HealthAbout Lenco:
Lenco is a full-service clinical reference laboratory offering clinical diagnostics at its best. The laboratory is renowned for excellence and expertise with Lenco’s highly dedicated team of specialists in the field who possess experience, professionalism and dedication. Lenco continuously meets the needs of their physician clients and their patients and is committed to being one of the top leading laboratories in a world of rapidly advancing diagnostic technology. To learn more about Lenco, visit www.lencolab.com.